- Shop by Ailment
Cilantro Essential Oil Product Description
Well known as a key culinary ingredient, Cilantro oil comes from an herb recognized for its many uses and benefits in the kitchen and for the body. Cilantro oil has a flavorful kick that can be used in many different dishes, including dips, salads, meats, and guacamole. Incorporating Cilantro into meals can spice up an average recipe. Consuming Cilantro can also provide powerful internal benefits. When used internally, Cilantro essential oil can aid in healthy digestion and act as a natural cleanser and detoxifier for the body.* Cilantro oil can also help cleanse and freshen the air when its sweet and herbal aroma is diffused. When applied to the skin, Cilantro provides a soothing and cooling feeling that can aid in the relaxation of the body. Cilantro essential oil’s diverse capabilities make it an important oil to have in any home.
In order to receive the full benefits of essential oils, it is important to purchase oils that are pure and potent. The purity and potency of an essential oil can be a strong determiner of how effective it is for your needs. Many essential oils available for purchase lack purity and potency and are riddled with filler substances and contaminants. At doTERRA, our mission is to provide high-quality essential oils that are free of harmful contaminants and fillers and are pure and potent so that each essential oil can produce its full benefits. We ensure the purity and potency of our oils by putting each batch of oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® protocol. This protocol involves multiple intensive tests that determine the quality of each oil. When the oils have been tested and found potent and pure, they are then sold so that people around the world can reap the powerful benefits of essential oils.
Cilantro Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Fall in love with essential oil recipes by trying this healthy and delicious Jalapeno and Goat Cheese White Bean Dip with Cilantro and Lime essential oil. This dynamic combination of spicy Jalapenos, rich goat cheese, and hearty white beans is a crowd-pleasing dip perfect for a variety of social occasions. The Cilantro and Lime essential oils add a unique and flavorful twist, making this an ideal dip for vegetables and breads alike. Make sure to include Jalapeno and Goat Cheese White Bean Dip in your next social gathering and it will surely impress family and friends.
- Sometimes a simple internal cleanse is just what the body needs. Cilantro essential oil is a great oil to use for a bodily cleanse due to its powerful cleansing and detoxifying abilities.* Place two drops of Cilantro essential oil in a Veggie Capsule and take it internally to experience a cleansing and detoxifying effect that will leave your body feeling refreshed.
- Spice up your citrus diffuser blends with Cilantro essential oil. Cilantro oil has a fresh, sweet, and herbal aroma that works perfectly with citrus blends. When you add Cilantro oil to the citrus blend of your choosing, the pure aroma of Cilantro oil will add to the freshness of the citrus oils, creating a soft, herbal aroma. Cilantro can also be used in non-citrus blends to produce a piquant freshness.
- Are you looking for a tasty and healthy recipe the whole family can enjoy? Try a healthy twist on the traditional burger with this Vegetarian Black Bean Burger recipe. This delicious recipe is packed with vegetables and essential nutrients that will satisfy your body—especially your taste buds. With the addition of Cilantro and Basil essential oils, the burger is not only healthy but bursting with flavor. This essential oil recipe is a great and delicious way to up your veggie intake.
- Avoid unpleasant smells in your home or at work with Cilantro oil. Because of Cilantro’s fresh, herbal aroma, it is a powerful oil to help you steer clear of unwanted odors. Place a few drops of Cilantro oil into a diffuser to help deodorize any room and dissipate the unpleasant aromas in the air. When diffused, Cilantro essential oil will not only eliminate bad smells, but will also fill the room with its fresh, herbal aroma.
- Create your own cilantro rice dish by adding one drop of Cilantro oil to your cooked rice for a delicious and zesty boost. Cilantro is known to elevate dishes to a new level of flavor and is commonly used in rice meals. By adding Cilantro essential oil, you can transform a mundane pot of rice into a cilantro rice dish that all will enjoy.
- After eating a favorite meal, dining out with some friends, or having a tasty holiday dinner, it is not uncommon for the words “stuffed” or “too full” to come to mind, describing the lethargic, after-food state. For moments like this, make sure to have your Cilantro essential oil in tow. Cilantro oil contains powerful properties that can aid with digestion when used internally. Use Cilantro essential oil with water or in a Veggie Capsule after over-indulging to assist with digestion* and avoid the lingering effects of that “stuffed” state.
- Forget about chopping herbed cilantro; make your cooking experience an easy one by using an essential oil. Cilantro oil is power packed with benefits from its original herbed state. It can be used to replace herb cilantro in a variety of recipes while still providing flavorful benefits. Try replacing herb cilantro with 1 drop of Cilantro essential oil in all of your favorite guacamole, salsa, salad, or dip recipes. You will love how easy and delicious it is.
- Taking Cilantro essential oil internally can do wonders for the body. Cilantro oil contains many natural and important components that are beneficial in bringing the body needed support. Place one drop of Cilantro essential oil into a Veggie Capsule to provided your body with important antioxidant benefits.*
All parts of the cilantro plant are edible.1 The leaves of the cilantro and the seeds of the plant, known as coriander, are often used as spices in Latin American, Asian, and American cuisine, and the coriander root is used in Thai dishes.2
The cilantro plant, also known as coriander, is an annual herb known for its ability to produce cilantro leaves and coriander seeds. The leaves of the cilantro plant are small, green, and feathery. The plant also produces flowers that blossom in clusters that form little umbrella shapes. These flowers are a pale pink or white color. The yellow-brown fruit of the cilantro plant produces an oval shaped fruit that holds two seeds. The cilantro plant can grow to be up to 50 cm in height. This soft plant originates from the Near East and only survives one growing season.3
Chemistry of Cilantro Essential Oil
Main Chemical Component: Linalool
Cilantro’s main chemical component is Linalool. Linalool is a powerful natural chemical with many benefits. A recent study, featured on the doTERRA Science Blog, suggests that Linalool can help reduce sad feelings when taken internally because of its effect the on the Monoaminergic system of the brain.* When Linalool naturally enters the Monoaminergic system, it acts on multiple receptors in the system. Once multiple receptors are targeted, the effects of Linalool are more potent and long lasting than molecules that target only one receptor. Because Linalool helps support brain chemistry balance in these receptors, it has the effect of reducing sad feelings.*4 Another recent study suggests that Linalool may also help facilitate the normal process of relaxation of the blood vessels.*5 Cilantro oil also contains a Linalool called decanal, which has a toning or harmonizing effect on the body when ingested. For more information on the chemical components in Cilantro or other essential oils, visit the doTERRA Science Blog.
Oils that Blend Well with Cilantro Essential Oil
Cilantro essential oil blends well with Melaleuca (Tea Tree), Bergamot, Basil, Lemon, Clary Sage, Black Pepper, Coriander, Geranium, Marjoram, Cinnamon Bark, and Ylang Ylang essential oils for diffusion.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.