- Shop by Ailment
- Cinnamon Bark 5 mL
Cinnamon Bark 5 mL
Cinnamon Bark 5 mL
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Product Description
Extracted from the bark of a tropical tree, Cinnamon Bark essential oil is fragrant, flavorful, and filled with many beneficial compounds. Cinnamon Bark oil contains cleansing properties that can help clean household surfaces. When taken internally, Cinnamon Bark oil benefits the body by supporting healthy metabolic function while also maintaining healthy immune function.* Because Cinnamon Bark essential oil contains a high amount of cinnamaldehyde, only one or two drops of oil are needed for internal benefits.* Similarly, Cinnamon Bark oil should also be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin. With its sweet and spicy aroma, Cinnamon Bark is a great oil for the diffuser and can even help to naturally repel insects. Along with its internal and external uses and benefits, Cinnamon Bark essential oil has been long used for its ability to enhance the flavor of drinks, breads, desserts, and entrees.
When essential oils are pure and potent, they can have life-changing and uplifting effects on those that use them. For this reason, doTERRA made it their mission to provide a new standard of pure and potent essential oils so that all essential oils can fulfill the needs of anyone who uses them. In order to ensure this quality of essential oils, doTERRA puts each batch of oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® protocol. This protocol contains a series of thorough tests that evaluate the quality of each essential oil. When oils are found to be pure and potent, they are then packaged and sold so that people around the world can benefit from these high standard essential oils.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- Go to bed with a fresh feeling in your mouth by using this Cinnamon Bark essential oil mouth wash. This quick rinse is simple and can be easily adapted to your nightly routine. For this effective evening mouth wash, just add one drop of Cinnamon Bark to two ounces of water and gargle. Due to Cinnamon Bark oil’s natural cleansing properties, this rinse will leave your mouth feeling fresh and clean.
- Don’t let cold, achy joints get the best of you. During the winter months, dilute Cinnamon Bark essential oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil and use during a massage to warm those sore and tender areas. Cinnamon Bark essential oil contains powerful properties that can help create a warming sensation while also emitting its sweet and spicy aroma.
- Cinnamon Bark essential oil contains a spicy and sweet flavor that is desirable in many food dishes. Because its properties are so similar to ground cinnamon, Cinnamon Bark essential oil makes a quick and easy replacement for this powdered spice. In your next recipe including ground cinnamon, switch out ground cinnamon for Cinnamon Bark essential oil for a delightfully spicy flavor.
- Cinnamon Bark essential oil can be taken internally to provide powerful benefits for the body. To obtain these internal benefits, put two drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil in an empty Veggie Capsule to maintain a healthy immune system.* Using Cinnamon Bark internally can also support healthy metabolic function.*
- Yams—they are either loved or hated. Turn a yam hater into a yam lover with this Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole. This essential oil recipe is sweet and creamy and provides an array of nutrients from its organic ingredients. Topped with pecans and spiced with Cinnamon Bark essential oil, this amazing dish will not be ignored at the dinner table.
- Every year, new studies are published on plants and their natural chemical components that help determine their beneficial properties. Due to technology and research advancements, researchers are able to find new information about plants and their benefits and uses. One of these new studies have shown that the organic chemicals found in Cinnamon Bark essential oil may promote healthy circulatory function.*
- Imagine waking up in the morning, your stomach hungry for a good breakfast. Your taste buds tell you they want something sweet, but you are also craving something healthy. You then go to your kitchen and remember you’ve made a tasty and healthy Cinnamon Apple Cake. As you take your first bite of this apple deliciousness, you couldn’t imagine a better choice for a sweet yet healthy breakfast. This could be your reality! Cinnamon Apple Cake is a delicious vegan cake infused with Cinnamon Bark essential oil. This essential oil recipe is filled with needed nutrients and will be sure to satisfy crowds or your quiet morning cravings.
- Instead of unhealthy potato chips, make something crispy and sweet with this Cinnamon Apple Chips essential oil recipe. This recipe contains three simple ingredients including apples, a tablespoon of a sweetener of your choice, and Cinnamon Bark essential oil. Bursting with flavor, these apple chips are tasty and guilt-free. Eat them during a movie, bring them to a party, or pack them in your children’s lunchbox for a healthy alternative to processed foods. It doesn’t take long for this recipe to make it to “favorite” status.
- Looking for a natural and effective cleaner? Your search ends here. Place two to three drops of Cinnamon Bark essential oil into a spray bottle with water and you have your very own quick and effective cleaning spray. The natural cleansing properties of Cinnamon Bark oil can be used on a variety of different surfaces, making this spray a great item to have on hand. Cinnamon Bark essential oil spray can also be used as a safe alternative to other surface sprays that may contain harmful and toxic chemicals.
- Harness the delicious flavors of pumpkin pie in a mini version that everyone will love. Mini Pumpkin Pies infused with Cinnamon Bark, Ginger, and Clove essential oils provide all the flavors of traditional pumpkin pie with an added kick of essential oil spice. Make this recipe a holiday go-to and serve as a dessert or as a finger food dish for holiday festivities.
For more Cinnamon Bark essential oil recipes, visit the doTERRA Blog.
What spice could be more valuable than Gold? You guessed it. Cinnamon was once consider to be more valuable than Gold. In Egypt, Cinnamon was desired for certain practices such as embalming and even witchcraft.1
Cinnamon comes from a tropical, evergreen tree that can grow up to 45 feet high. The tree has highly fragrant bark, leaves, and flowers. Cinnamon Bark essential oil is extracted from the bark of the tree.
Chemistry of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
Main Chemical Components: Cinnamaldehyde, Eugenol
The main chemical components of Cinnamon Bark essential oil are cinnamaldehyde and eugenol. These natural chemicals are powerful components that help to provide strong internal benefits. As highlighted by the doTERRA Science Blog, a recent study suggested that cinnamaldehyde acts to support healthy molecular function in the kidneys.*2 Another study also found that cinnamaldehyde activates an endogenous (natural, internal) antioxidant response in the colon cells, which is a natural means of maintaining healthy colon cells.*3 Eugenol also plays an active role in sustaining bodily health. Recent findings show that eugenol assists the body in maintaining normal gastrointestinal mobility even during times of stress, helping to keep the gastrointestinal tract functioning properly.*4 To learn more about these key chemical components found in Cinnamon Bark essential oil, make sure to visit the doTERRA Science Blog.
Oils that Blend Well with Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
Cinnamon Bark essential oil blends well with Black Pepper, Clove, Ginger, Geranium, Cardamom, Bergamot, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Wild Orange, Melaleuca (Tea Tree), and Ylang Ylang essential oils for diffusion.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.